The fifth WordCamp Europe took place in Paris last week. I am
repeating myself each year, when I say how great it was!
I had the role of photography team lead this year, which meant that I somehow ended up shooting fewer images than in the years before. Nevertheless – here are my favorite photos (that I took) from WordCamp Europe 2017.
1. WordCamp Europe 2017 took place in Paris, France from June 15-17 2017. 1.900 attendees, from 79 countries attended.
2. Luca Sartoni on stage during volunteer orientation on June 15th 2017.
3. Wapuu is greeting attendees in the registration area at WordCamp Europe 2017.
4. Attendees filling the Pullman building – the biggest of the three venues for WordCamp Europe 2017.
5. Andrey Savchenko and Sam Sidler are waiting for the next session to start.
6. Petya Raykovska getting ready for her talk « WordPress Beyond Borders».
7. Caspar Hübinger on stage during his talk « Big Little Shame».
8. Andrew Nacin preparing for his talk « People Over Code» at WordCamp Europe 2017.
9. Matt Mullenweg and Om Malik on stage during the interview and Q&A session at WordCamp Europe 2017.
10. Thabo Tswana on stage for his talk about organizing the very first WordCamp Harare, Simbabwe.
11. Rian Rietveld is interviewed by Robert Turcs of the WCEU video team after her talk about « Accessibility in the Age of the Headless CMS».
12. All sessions were live captioned in English and French.
13. All sessions were also simultaneously interpreted into French.
14. Carole Olinger on stage, MC’ing at WordCamp Europe 2017.
15. Simon Dickson and Stefania Chiorboli on stage, getting ready for the next speaker.
16. Anastasios Manoloudis is wrangling a speed networking session. Tribe meetups and sponsor workshops were also part of WordCamp Europe 2017.
17. Attendees are sitting in the sun during lunch break at WordCamp Europe 2017.
18. Andrew Liyanage is talking on the phone during lunch break on day two of WordCamp Europe 2017.
19. Pascal Birchler is getting his picture taken at WordCamp Europe 2017.
20. Nevena Tomovic, Noel Tock and Sonja Leix are taking a break after a hard day of work.
21. Volunteers and members of the media are working and/or relaxing backstage at WordCamp Europe 2017.
22. Benjamin Lupu fixing networking issues, in the green room, backstage at WordCamp Europe 2017.
23. Florian Gottschall and Isabelle García look at video footage. Both were part of the official video team for WordCamp Europe 2017.
24. Elodie Bouneau is working on her Laptop at WordCamp Europe 2017.
25. Sonja Leix, design lead for WCEU, is probably checking the organizer’s Slack during WordCamp Europe 2017.
26. By now a tradition at WordCamp Europe: A group photo of communities from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia.
27. Letizia Barbi, Luca Sartoni and Sonja Leix present Paolo Belcastro with a gift from the WordCamp Europe organizer team.
28. Emanuel Blagonic, Paolo Belcastro and Jenny Beaumont are putting the final touches to the slides for the closing remarks after months of hard work.
29. Almost all of the 45 organizers and 211 volunteers on stage during the closing remarks. (Photo by Claudio Rimann)
30. Jenny Beaumont, Emanuel Blagonic and the other volunteers react, as Belgrade is annouced to be hosting WordCamp Europe 2018.
31. Say hello to the lead organizers for WordCamp Europe 2018, Jenny Beaumont and Milan Ivanovic.
32. Milan Ivanovic and Jenny Beaumont hug after all is said and done. See you in Belgrade in 2018!
A Flickr album with these and more images is coming soonish…
Images in this post by
Florian Ziegler (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
For the photography nerds: All photos were shot with either the Fuji X100F or the X-T1 and the 35mm F1.4 or 14mm F2.8 lens. Editing and slight post processing was done in Lightroom.