This year has almost come to an end. Businesswise I am pretty happy how things developed in 2013: Fewer projects, but projects with higher value (and budgets) and in a variety of industries, made for a pretty interesting mix.
Traveling was also very good:
- I started out in Istanbul. I highly recommend a visit to this amazing city.
- A tour of the balkans followed in March, of which I have posted photos of Prizren (Kosovo) and Tirana (Albania) on my photo blog. This was also one of the most cost-effective trips of my life, as I only needed 350 Euros for the 2-week trip (including food, lodging and transportation).
- A short trip to Berlin in August.
- I visited WordCamp Europe in Leiden (Netherlands) in October.
- A trip to the US (Florida and New York) and Argentina Buenos Aires completed this year’s travel endeavors.
The motto for 2014 is somewhat bipolar. Part one, I would like to call “consolidation”: I want to grow my business and change it somewhat, to have a more stable and predictable income – which is not always easy, if you are self-employed. But I have some ideas and new contacts and I am pretty confident that something cool will come out of these co-operations in 2014.
I still have not decided, what I want to call the second part. “Nomadic life” could be an appropriate term for what I have in mind, as I am planing to leave Germany some time in April to live in different places – where exactly is yet to be determined. I will keep working the whole time, which means that “traveling” is probably the wrong denotation. It will be a lot slower, compared to how I usually visit new places. Some blogs, I recently found, use the term “digital nomad” to describe people, that earn their living with “web work” while traveling. So there – 2014 will be quite interesting!
I wish you all a Happy New Year!